Short Game wrap- CD East/McCaskey
Written by: Dell Jackson on Wednesday, February 5th, 2020
McCaskey 100 CD East 99 – 2OT
Feb. 5, 2020 at McCaskey
Some of this and that on a classic 2 OT game
The game had many meanings to many teams. CD East was clawing its way into the District 3 tournament. McCaskey was trying to get off the deck from a tough loss to Exeter this weekend and improve it’s seeding for the tournament. TWP, which is sitting at number 12 as of the beginning of the evening, was rooting for the Tornado to pull out the W.
Our own, Andy Herr, will have a total wrap at some point tomorrow.
Here are a few thoughts:
- Elijah Terry is an all around player. He not only dropped 41 tonight, but he also led the Tornado in rebounds and came up with a BIG TIME block late in the second OT. He played with 4 fouls for a long time. We posted his interview – HERE.
- Samir Gordon comes up big for McCaskey in the last OT- bucket and winning foul shot.
- CD East’s Amyr Fox hit some timely 3-point bombs to keep his team in the game-“Ice”. He finished with 32.
- McCaskey cranked up the defense in the 4th to come back from a 64-54 deficit with 5 minutes to go in the quarter.
- CD East losing 2 starters to fouls was key down the stretch.
- Both teams played hard- multiple hustle plays by both teams but no pushing and shoving which sometimes occurs in a tight game. Kiddos to both teams and Coaches.
Oh by the way, EVERYONE spent 15 minutes outside as the fire alarm went off in the gym. Major props to the fans/students/cheerleaders of McCaskey. Evacuation was orderly and calm. McCaskey staff did a fantastic job herding the folks outside.
Here are a few clips and the book- a rare 2OT book.
CD East down by one under 10 seconds to go..after a Gordon made a foul shot to give McCaskey a 1 point lead.
Tip OT 2
Follow LLhoops on Twitter @LLhoops